Laboratory for Testing Metals and Measurements was established in 1971 as an organization unit of the M. Nowotko Iron and Steel Works. Since 2003, the Laboratory has been part of the Celsa "Huta Ostrowiec" Sp. z o.o.
In 1994 laboratory was accredited by the Polish Center for Testing and Certification (currently Polish Centre for Accreditation https://www.pca.gov.pl)
The mission of the Laboratory is:
- Performing metallographic and mechanical properties tests of samples of rolled steel products and forgings,
- Preparing test samples,
- Checking length and angle measuring tools,
- Measuring spare parts and semi-finished products,
- Performing residuals stress tests,
- Simulation of heat treatment processes
- in accordance with customer requirements, standards, technical conditions while ensuring safety, health protection and respect for the environment.